Governance Essentials for Not for Profits
Facilitated by Ron Scott, Stellaris
This is the first of two half-day workshops on the Essential aspects of running a successful Not for Profit organisation.
Most Not for Profits employ a manager or CEO who reports to a board or committee, and while many work well, problems sometimes occur when expectations of roles differ. This is a half day introductory course for members of the governing board and senior managers.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding what governance is and how it adds value for management and the organisation
- Understanding the roles of members of the board or committee both as individuals and as a group and the skills required around the table
- Why the Chair is important to the smooth running of the board or committee
- An overview of what the financials tell you
- Insights into what funders consider in terms of governance
- Building a strategic plan and using it to achieve goals
If you are a CEO or Manager, Board Member or Chair of a committee you should attend this course.
Thursday 31 August, 8:30am to 12:30pm
Click here for more information or to register.