While volunteers help others, studies show that it is good for the volunteer too.
Volunteering offers many benefits, including opportunities for volunteers to:
- gain new skills and knowledge
- boost their own job and career prospects
- enjoy a sense of achievement and fulfillment
- develop personally and boost self esteem
- enjoy better physical and mental health
- connect to and better understand your community
- meet new people and make new friends
Volunteering provides many benefits to both mental and physical health. Volunteering increases self-confidence. Volunteering can provide a healthy boost to your self-confidence, self-esteem, and life satisfaction. You are doing good for others and the community, which provides a natural sense of accomplishment.